JOHN ZIA ORAM
THE MOST TRUSTED NAME IN THE COMMUNITY
(Monday – Friday 6-9pm)
JOHN ZIA ORAM
THE MOST TRUSTED NAME IN THE COMMUNITY
Listen to the latest show
Hello John…my Mother Virgeen Garmo listens to your show religiously and when we tell her that you’re not on the air, she insists that we turn on the radio to double check to ensure she doesn’t miss hearing your voice. You have made such a huge difference in the lives of our mothers, fathers, aunts and Uncles and for that we are grateful! Keep up the wonderful show. Please say a special hello to Mr. Salem Jiddou as I have much respect for him. God bless!Mary Garmo
Chaldean Coalition Ballot
by Mohammed Ebraheem Nimrud Lamassu’s at the North West Palace of Ashurnasirpal, Iraq Baghdad (Iraqinews.com) – Iraq uncovered on Sunday a UN initiative to rehabilitate ancient sites which were devastated by Islamic State extremists during their capture of Nineveh...read more
People carry the Iraq and Kurdistan’s flags, as well as Assyrian ones during an Akitu parade on April 1, 2018. Photo: Vanessa Powell | Rudaw ERBIL, Kurdistan Region — Sixty Christian candidates are racing to secure five quota seats in the Iraqi parliament, with Duhok...read more
© Sputnik / Yazan Kalash Syria was subject to a tripartite attack by the US, the UK and France on April 14, with the aggressors launching over 100 missiles at targets across the Arab state. The Syrian government has repeatedly denied using chemical weapons and...read more
Our Mission & Vision
The John Zia Oram Show’s mission is to bring you the latest and honest news from around the community and the world. John Zia Oram is the most trusted name in the Chaldean community. This is the ONLY Chaldean Christian LIVE radio show. We will be bringing you interviews with the top community leaders in health care, law and education.
The John Zia Oram Show strives to educate Chaldean Americans on various topics such as politics, law, and immigration.
The John Zia Oram Show brings you the latest election news in Michigan. Including interviews with various politicians and community leaders.
Follow The John Zia Oram Show on
The John Zia Oram Story
John Zia Oram was born in Tilkepe, Iraq in March of 1953 to Zia and Shamama Oram. His family immigrated to Detroit, Michigan in 1966 when he was only 13 years old. John Oram has 12 siblings; 5 brothers and 6 sisters. Once the Oram family settled in Detroit John took on several different jobs; varying from selling 8-track and cassette tapes, Big Boys, purchasing his own family liquor store that he spent 12hrs/day at for 7 days/week and for Chrysler. He also swept floors at a local car dealership on Woodward Avenue in Ferndale where he said one day he would own the building.
John Zia Oram says “Let’s Keep Our Teen’s Safe“
Be the dealership in Metro Detroit that supports the Teen Safe Driving Program!
Almost Half of Teen* Drivers Involved in Fatal Crashes Die
- In 2011, teens 14 to 18 represented 7 percent of the U.S. population. Many of these 21 million young people were preparing to drive or beginning their driving careers.
- In 2011, 20 percent of 14- to 18-year olds died in motor vehicle crashes while driving with an invalid license.
- Speeding was a factor in crashes for 35 percent of the teen drivers in fatal crashes in 2011.
- Fatal teen driver crashes are most frequent between 3 and 8 p.m., but remain high until midnight.
- No Cell Phones
- No Speeding
- No Alcohol
- No Extra Passengers
- Always Buckle Up
- Parent-Teen Driving Contract
- Setting Ground Rules
- Source: Teen Driver Source
A Dealership That Cares
- With thousands of new drivers hitting the roads this year we need to constantly remind them to be safe and avoid distractions.
- Our program will include a minimum of (12) safe driving messages during the busiest travel days of the year: New Years’ Eve, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas brought to our listening audience by your dealership.
- The Teen Safe Driving Club will be posted on all of our website.
- The Teen Safe Driving Club applications will be available at your dealership(s) and online at our station websites along with the Parent – Teen driving contract.
- John will invite local law enforcement agencies in during drive time leading up to busy travel holidays to remind all drivers the importance of safety brought to our listeners by your dealership.
- Every weekend we will air messages from 6pm – 9pm reminding teens and parents that these hours are the most dangerous for teen drivers brought to our listeners by your dealership.
Now Is The Time!
- With the long winter and pent up demand for new and used vehicles now is the time to act.
- Separate your dealership from others in the price and rate game in a very cluttered market in Metro Detroit!
The Dealership will receive the following:
- Inclusion in a minimum of (20) weekly messages promoting the Teen Safe Driving Program.
- Ownership with a minimum of (12) messages during the busiest travel days of the year.
- On going banner ads on all of our websites promoting the Teen Safe Driving Program including a link on the landing page for the Teen Safe Driving Club and the Parent – Teen Driving contract
- Sponsorship of the law enforcement interviews surrounding the travel days.